Monday, June 30, 2008

Slow Weekend?

This weekend was supposed to be a slow one. The only thing we had planned for Saturday was to go to Toby and Mary Jo's to have dinner and watch last week's episode of Wipeout, which they had DVR'd (is that how you type that? I seriously have no idea).

Instead, it was a little different. I woke up and hit the ground running. I cleaned every room of the house....dusting, sweeping, mopping, and all. And it feels good to have a clean house. About every 29 minutes, I would run into Andy and say, "I love having a clean house. Why don't I work harder at keeping it clean?"


So I am trying. I made myself a little chore chart, with a few things to do every day (dishes, pick up clutter, sweep kitchen floor and clean counters) and then a few things that are specific to each day. It's not overwhelming by any means. Probably about 20-30 minutes of work each day. So here's to hoping that works.


Then, just as I was preparing to relax after my busy morning, Andy's old boss called. Their family was in town to move stuff, because they finally sold their old house, and bought a new one in West Lafayette. So we headed over there and spent about the next three hours visiting..er..helping them. While there, I tried my first strawberry limeade at Sonic, and it blew the cherry out of the water. It was good to see them, and to catch up. For a long time, they were the only friends we had here, so it was a real blow when they moved. It definitely changed Andy's work situation.


Then...we got home and realized that we hadn't eaten anything all day. And we were hungry. So Andy begged me to pull out the hidden box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (it's our desperation food) so we could eat a little before we left. That's when I discovered I had bought this macaroni:



Yup. Pokemon. Andy made fun of me for awhile, but it actually tasted better than regular. Then we went to Toby and Mary Jo's and had a blast. The show was HYSTERICAL...we're going to watch it with them every week. And we had a great time just hanging out with them and their boys.


Their two-year-old, B, is the sweetest little bruiser you've ever met. And T is about the smartest, sweetest three year old. He is a charmer. And too funny. At about 10, Andy and Toby were watching "How It's Made" and he looked over at us and said, "Guys, when this is over you have to leave." I nearly died laughing. And then, the second it was finished he told us, "Okay guys, it's over. Time to go."

Sunday was a little better. We had Sunday School and church, then we came home....but I seem to be bitten by a crazy bug...and I couldn't fall asleep for my nap, even though I was exhausted. So I cleaned out the laundry area and decorated it a bit by moving around some stuff in other places. Then I painted the door frame in our bedroom and touched up some trim in there. Then we had our VBS program at 6. Our four year olds rocked it! They were so adorable.


And that's about it for this weekend.

No comments: