Saturday, June 21, 2008

Book recommendation

Andy is sick today. So we're taking the day off. I've done some picking up, and some laundry, and he's mostly slept on the couch. Poor guy. He's been sick for a few days, but he wouldn't stay home from work, and now he's beat. So I've spent my day reading--this months Better Homes and Gardens, some of 2 Kings and Psalms, and Unspoken by Francine Rivers.

The last book is a part of the Lineage of Grace series by Francine Rivers. The series follows the five women who are a part of Jesus's family line--Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, and Mary. I have read all but the last (and plan to start it in about five minutes). They are all so beautifully written, and really draw on the Scriptural accounts. I have thoroughly enjoyed these books--just like everything else I have read that she has written. A few years ago I read Redeeming Love, and last summer I read The Last Sin Eater. Both were "can't put down" reads.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I love good ole Francine. I have read those you mentioned (except The Last Sin Eater, I think) and AWESOME does not come close to describing! Just talking about them makes me want to go re-read!

Hope your husband feels better soon!