Saturday, June 14, 2008

Surprise!

Tonight, with the help of some friends, I threw Andy a surprise birthday party(he'll be 25 on Tuesday). We had a cookout in Hanover Park, and it was so much fun!

Earlier this week I had been talking to some of my friends from church about how every plan I had come up with for Andy's birthday had fallen through, and I was running out of ideas. So on Thursday, one of them suggested a surprise cookout...and I leapt at the idea. There were about four other families that met at the park before we got there and had everything set up. Andy thought we were going to meet the Hoffman's and hang out with them....and he really didn't get it at all until I turned and said, "Sweetie, this is your birthday party. It was a surprise."

We stuffed ourselves (go figure, get a group of Southern Baptists together and food is going to be involved :)) , and had a great time. The kids played on the playground, the men played cornhole, and the ladies sat and ate and talked. It was the perfect summer night, and so encouraging for my sweet husband. It was the perfect plan.

We also set up plans to watch the premiere of Wipeout next week...and hopefully every week with the Hoffman's. We discovered tonight that we shared a serious enjoyment for watching videos of people falling down and hurting themselves (ala America's Funniest Videos) and decided this show was going to be right up our alleys. Woohoo for hanging out with other couples :)

No comments: