Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Coffee Buzz

It's really much later than I should be up. I would have liked to have been in bed asleep a long time ago. But, for only I think the second time in our marriage, I have outlasted my husband. But I blame him for my awake state. He's the one that convinced me to make the second iced vanilla coffee at 10:00. What a bad idea. So here I am....I'll give you a rundown of my day :)

--This morning I decided to commit to working out and eating well in order to regain my wedding weight. Sweet Husband has agreed to help me in whatever way possible. Up to and including changing our eating habits together and exercising together each night

--I have also been on a serious redecorating kick. On a serious budget. But things are starting to come together. I'll post more pictures sometime soon. I'm having a lot of fun turning this house into our home this summer. Today I painted a canvas for the bathroom, pimped our shower curtain, directed the hanging of some shelves in the living room, and directed the hanging of some darling crosses I found at Hobby Lobby last week.

--I spent some serious quality time in Psalms and Proverbs today. Some of my favorites:

He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray. Proverbs 10:17

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Proverbs 9:10

--I discovered that all of my usual household items have increased in cost. My conditioner went up 60 cents since I bought it like 6 weeks ago.

--I made a completely unburned dinner tonight--pork roast and corn. Andy asked me to give him my best "Next Food Network Star" rundown of the meal. It went like this: "The corn has been perfectly reheated for exactly three minutes in the microwave as it is leftover from last Wednesday's meal. The pork roast has been prepared to perfection using the recipe in Robin Miller's Quick Fix meals. And you are going to love scraping the glaze off the pan when you do dishes tonight."

--Tonight was our first night of VBS. We have a four year old class, but Andy didn't make it tonight (he's still not feeling 100 percent). They are the quietest four-year-olds I have ever seen. I feel like that will change before the week is over. One of the girls has already stolen my heart. She is just as precious as can be. She was having a difficult time drawing some of her pictures, so I "helped" her by putting my hand over hers and drawing with her. After that, she kept looking up at me and asking, "Miss Ashley, can we draw this one together?"

--I am starting to open up about things to different people here. Some of it big deal stuff, like talking about things that are uncomfortable but need to be out in the light. Some of it not a big deal.....like actually turning down things like hot dogs and ice cream because they make me sick. I'm too much of a people pleaser. If someone offers me something, I'll take it, even if it means I'll be sick to my stomach or have a terrible headache later. And that's insane.

--Then I came home and had the most wonderful time with my dear husband. We have been talking through a lot of things lately, and I just feel completely overwhelmed by how much I love him right now. I shared with him the recipe I made up for iced vanilla coffee last week (so much better than McDonalds....and cheaper too) and we ended up on the sofa, watching CSI reruns, drinking iced coffees and chatting about everything under the sun.

--Then, Andy went to bed and I started looking online for fun events that the two of us could do together in the upcoming months. Sometimes we just fall too into a routine and never do anything together....and we need to work on that. So I came up with some great ideas, ranging from the Free Contemporary Christian Day at the Indiana State Fair, to Music in the Park here in our town to Louisville's free Shakespeare in the Park series and minor league baseball games.

And that's the end of this very long, very not so inspired but very fueled by exhaustion and caffeine post :)

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Loved the update! As a fan of The Next Food Network Star, that rundown had me cracking up. Glad you had a great night with your man! I may need that recipe for the vanilla iced coffee :)