Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oh my dear hair

This weekend has been a thrilling one. For sure. From teaching the world's worst Sunday school class today.....I had three students who sat and stared at me. One fell asleep. The other three just didn't talk....good times in the jr. high...some weeks are better than others--to the children's pastor jokingly threatening me if I come down with Andy's illness (it's VBS week...and we're in charge of 4-5 year olds) to burning dinner. That about sums up my day. Just kidding....it really was an all right day. I spent most of it asleep. I feel like my head hasn't been tied on straight here lately. Hence the burning dinner. It's only like the second or third time I've done it since we've been married, and it's always really frustrating. I think it's my pride kicking in. Like I think I'm above burning things. My mom set off the smoke detector at least once a week through most of my childhood, and I guess I just strive to do better (not that my mom was a bad cook...she's not). Here it is:

The bottom was completely black and inedible. But the rest wasn't too bad. Andy said, "Hey I bet if this wasn't--I mean, this is pretty good, I'll bet it would be even better if it wasn't...if it wasn't burned."

Anyway, at least it's not as bad as the time I set a loaf of bread on fire at the Purdue apartment. I put it under the broiler and forgot about it. I also lit a trash can on fire in that apartment. I still have it. And it still bears the marks of being burned. Good times. Really, they were. They provided some serious roommate bonding and laughter.

Other than that, I've been watching the slideshow video that Andy made to be played at our wedding last year. At first, it was purely sentimental. Then, it was about looking at each and every picture and enjoying it. Since then, it's evolved into checking out my hair, and realizing it's always been difficult. I have difficult hair. It's ridiculously thick and really coarse and just generally doesn't do what I want it too. The left half is more difficult than the right--it's even a slightly different texture. Oh...and now I have a bald spot that's growing out from when my hair got sucked up into a vacuum and ripped out...so there's a spot that sticks up a little in the back. My dear husband just told me I'm too dramatic. Whatever..he gave me the bald spot.

This has become like my own little confessional blog post--burning, bald spots, and bad hair. Good times. Anyway....I'm going to post the video--let's end on a happy note. And check out that hair :)

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Sorry the day is not going as well as could be, but I think the supper still looks VERY delicious! LOVED seeing the video, I thoroughly enjoy those!!!

Anonymous said...

I adore the video, the music, and the hair is great - it's just you! I must admit that watching it made me miss you about 1000 times more than I already did. Awww, and our fountain run - cute! I just want one more at year at Purdue with everyone. Just one. I love you. Sorry this is scattered, I wrote it as I watched the video.

Lauren

Anonymous said...

Dinner looked very yummy, what was it? Your hair is what makes you Ashley. Thank you for posting the video. I really enjoyed seeing it again.

Love Aunt Cris