Thursday, June 5, 2008

Live Wire

Today while Andy was home for lunch, we heard a really strange noise. At first, we couldn't figure out what it was, but that smarty husband of mine figured it out pretty quickly. He walked outside onto our dilapidated patio into our dilapidated backyard, took one look into the neighbor's yard and walked right back inside. Here's what happened next:

"Ashley, do not go into the backyard today. Do not step on any part of our yard until I tell you too."

"Andy, what's going on?"

"The power line in the neighbor's yard is down, all of our lines are down and they are touching the metal barn in our yard"

"What does that mean?"

"It means there is a live wire in our backyard and if you touch anything back there you could get electrocuted and die."

And have a happy Thursday to you too.

But seriously, it's okay now. The power company came out and gave us a temporary fix....they can't completely fix it because we have had 7.3 million inches of water in the past two days and the ground has turned into a marsh. We lost power for a few hours, but that was all. It could have been so much worse.

On the bright side, though, I think that gives me more of a case in the battle to get rid of the ugly rusted metal barn. We could have died because of that thing! It's got to go!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Oh my goodness--scary! Well I am glad it is all ok now. And I love the way your husband sugar-coated it too..."you could get electrocuted and die." That's definitely all somebody would have to say to get me to stay inside where my life was not in danger!