Monday, June 2, 2008

Highs and Lows

Last week was an interesting week. I basically spent it going crazy over my interview, so it was nice to have that stress gone for this weekend. I'm just going to split up the highs and lows of the weekend.

Friday lows:
-After my interview, I started to feel really sick. I got a nasty headache and my stomach hurt for awhile, but that went away. I just felt really disgusting.
-My sister had me concerned that she may die at work that night. She kept calling and telling me about terrible storms, evacuating campers, houseboats and campers turning over, all while she sat in the dinky little control station.


Friday Highs:
-My interview. I feel like it went well. I enjoyed talking with them, and I hope they enjoyed talking with me.
-Chinese take-out and a Sonic cherry limeade for dinner. My husband takes such good care of me :)

Saturday lows:
-I baby-sat for some friends of ours for the day. Not for their kids. For two foster kids that were placed in their home on Friday. I actually knew one of the boys, because I had subbed for his class before. There were seven kids in the family that were removed. It was such a difficult day for me emotionally.
-Only four kids showed up for our youth event Saturday night.

Saturday highs:
-I really had a blast baby-sitting. The boys were sweet, it was just a sad situation.
-Our youth event was really a lot of fun. I learned how to throw a football and play cornhole. And it was a lot of fun to spend some time with the young adults that were there. Andy plowed one over while playing football.

Sunday lows:
-I had a fever and a sore throat. Spent most of the day on sofa, asleep.

Sunday highs:
-We had a really great Sunday School class, and a great turnout. It was so much fun this week!
-Sunday's sermon was about marriage, and sort of what marriage should look like and what husbands and wives should be doing....and it was really encouraging. In a lot of ways, Andy and I felt like it was an afffirmation that our marriage was on the right track.

No comments: