Sunday, June 29, 2008

More decorating

I have been doing some more redecorating in the house. Some of it is changing things around, some of it putting up new things where something didn't exist before. Basically, I have just been having a darn good time putting holes in the walls.

This is in the bathroom, above the toilet. I painted the canvas, and the flowers are towel holders from Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure how well they are going to work...they won't go flush against the wall. But they look cute. And not nearly that crooked in real life. Pay no attention to the blue in the corner. That is just something we are working on memorizing....Romans 12. I am terrible at memorizing.


This is in the corner that leads into the kitchen. The shelf is from IKEA, and it holds my cookbooks and some canisters and such. The crosses all came from Hobby Lobby, most were on clearance.

This is in the kitchen. I got the C on clearance at Anthropologie in the Fashion Mall in Indy(I think it was meant for a children's room) and the vases at CB2.

I bought these shelves from Target last January, with Christmas gift cards. I just finally figured out how I wanted them hung. The bottom shelf has our wedding invitation in a frame, and the little frame has the monogram that Andy made for our wedding programs. The other frames are empty. I haven't decided what pictures to put up yet.

And I rearranged this bookshelf that Andy's grandpa made for him. On the top, I finally finished up my flower arrangement (it had looked haggard for so long) and figured out what to put around it. Then on the shelves I just did some rearranging. I might change out some of the frames....I think I would like it if they were all black or white wood frames here. I might move the metal somewhere else. We'll see.

No comments: