Thursday, June 5, 2008

A tribute to my favorite nut

Two evenings a week since February, I have been exercising at our church with a few ladies there. We do Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs, which really are a great low-impact workout for all of us. I have seen a definite change in my muscle tone, my energy, and attitude since we started (not so much my weight...eating jars of frosting seems to have kept the pounds on...but others have commented that I'm looking thinner).



Well, I have decided that I need to be working out more than twice a week. So my goal for the summer is four times a week. I have my own copy of the DVDs, and a few other workout DVDs (if anyone has a suggestion for a favorite workout, I'd love to hear it....I like to try new things) and I'm trying to do them at home twice a week.



Andy and I have been discussing for a long time our need to join the gym here in town. I'm not really sure why we haven't done it. We just keep talking, and not doing. Last night, I decided to do a 3 mile walk workout while Andy was doing something else. Instead, he joined me! And it was the most hysterical thing I have ever seen. His motions were jerky all over, he was acting like a goof and ended up spinning in circles and doing all sorts of crazy things. He was clapping and dancing and trippingo n his feet. He was sweating like mad....and was completely unable to do some of the moves. I have never had so much fun working out. It was a blast to be able to share that with my husband....especially because he is just such a goofy person. In large group situations, he is very outgoing and very goofy--it's so easy to love him and to feel at ease with him. At home, he doesn't always do the big motions and goofy stuff as much, so it's always so special to me when he does.

Thinking about it reminded me of all the goofy experiences we have had over the last several years...and of the dozens of photographs I have where Andy is making some sort of ridiculous face...so today, I will show you a few.

Eating dinner on the way to my parents house once last summer. Doesn't everyone eat their vegetables like that?


After getting caught in the rain last summer. In our old apartment.



This one isn't really nutty. But I liked it. In one of the shelters at the park after hiking a few weeks ago.
Figuring out what to do with our yucky wedding cake a few weeks ago.

So excited about his new game in Freiburg, Germany! Can't believe this was three years ago!

No comments: