Sunday, March 27, 2011

Junk.

So I’ve been in a funk.  A food funk.  Where seriously nothing sounds good to me.  Every night last week, I made dinner, then gagged at the sight/smell of it once it was finished.  I choked them down, but never felt satisfied.  The only meal I was able to eat and feel “good” after was lunch at a Chinese restaurant on Friday.  My lack of food happy has been affecting my attitude.  It’s not been great.  (The snow we woke up to this morning didn’t help either).  So….with all of my yuck, there has been little that I’ve actually enjoyed (foodwise..everything else has been fine and dandy).  Last night, I was in a real rut.  I needed something baked and chocolatey, but I didn’t think I had anything.  Until I discovered cake mix cookies.  Did you know that you can add 1/2 c. vegetable oil and two eggs to a cake mix (and any sort of add in you want—chocolate chips, fruit, nuts) and bake at 350 for 8 minutes and end up with a yummy cookie?  I didn’t have any mix-ins…just a devil’s food cake mix that was set to expire in a few weeks and it turned out FANTASTIC.  It was so good!  Then today, I ran to Wal-Mart to get some bobby pins, hair ties, milk and something for lunch this week….and came home with all sorts of crap.  It was a nightmare—I can’t believe it myself.  I’ve never checked out with suck a foul cart in my life.  I totally grocery cart judged myself.  I’m waiting for Andy to see the cupboards and make fun of me…..here’s what I came home with:

-Cake mix

-Almond Joy Coffee Creamer

-Milk, cheese

-Pepperoni

-Chocolate chip teddy grahams

-Super Pretzels

-Strawberries

-Oranges

-Caesar salad kit

-Potato salad

-Granola bars

And a few random other things.  Who knows if any of them will end up tasting good when I go to eat them, but at least I have some new options (crap and all).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blame your wild shopping spree on Liam - he was sending you mighty powerful food cravings. You are eathing for two. I plan to send you homemade pulled pork on Saturday. mom