Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Breakin….woohoo

It’s spring break week, and it’s been lovely.  I was actually away from home for a large part of the week.  Andy wanted to refinish the floor in Liam’s room before we put it together (the room, not the floor) and we agreed that it wasn’t probably a good idea for Ollie or for me to be here for that.  All the dust and polyurethane seemed like a bad idea for baby mamas and baby dogs.  So Ollie and I went to Indianapolis.  And I can assure you that I will not often be driving long distance with Ollie by myself.  He makes me a basket case….more of one than I normally am while driving.

We spent Saturday-Tuesday at Andy’s parents house.  We had a great time.  Ollie got to play with Keegan, their Welsh terrier.  He got a new toy and some new food (no more puppy food for our boy…he’s on to adult food now).  Andy’s mom and I went shopping for Liam—he has all sorts of new clothes that are just so sweet.  I figured out how to work their new scanner, so Andy’s mom got to scan in old family photos for her genealogy site, and I read a book.  We got cupcakes at Gigi’s cupcakes (so good…but so rich…I think I would much rather share one with someone than eat a whole one myself).  We just had ourselves a nice little time away.  And we got to come home to a super beautiful hardwood floor.  Only now that I’ve seen the one refinished, it’s really hard to look at the other two—they look so bad!!  It’s so nice to be back.  I missed Andy.  I missed being in my own house….I had fun away, but it was sure nice to get home.

We have some big plans for the rest of the week too.  We’re going to buy a crib mattress.  We’re making returns at Lowes.  I have a doctor’s appointment.  I have lunch plans for Friday.  We’re piecing together Liam’s room (I think that it will be in good shape by the time I go back to work on Monday).  We’re catching up on laundry, getting some groceries, and cleaning house.  I’m purging and trying to reconfigure storage for the house (I have lots of things with no home right now).  And I think some serious napping and tv watching will be in order as well.  I find that I have very little attention span right now…I keep flitting from one thing to the next.  So I’m going with it.  I’m trying to give a solid fifteen minutes to each project, then allowing myself to move on and come back later.  It’s not efficient, but it works.  Sort of. 

Also.  When I go back on Monday, I only have 30 teaching days left until my maternity leave begins.  That’s like really insane to me.

No comments: