Sunday, March 6, 2011

The weekend crazy

So remember the other day when I said that this weekend was going to be crazy in a good way?  Well, for me, the crazy part is over.  Andy is still in some of it.

So here’s our good crazy :)

On Friday night, we had small group.  It was wonderful, as usual.  We love that time…enough that we went on Friday when we needed to leave for Indianapolis that night.  So after small group, we went up to Andy’s parents house.  We were just there last weekend, and hadn’t intended to return so quickly, but after our time last weekend, we had to go back.  Confusing?  Yes.  Absolutely.

Last weekend when we were there, it came up that Andy’s grandpa’s car needed to be sold.  The insurance and registration were coming due, and the family wanted it dealt with.  The car was a 1999 Cadillac Deville with a whopping 30,000 miles on it.  It’s a nice car.  It was fully loaded for 99.  And a lot bigger than my little Saturn.  Can you guess where this is going?  Andy wanted the Caddy.  He’s never loved my car, especially now that Liam is on the way.  He has wanted to replace my car, but we couldn’t afford to upgrade right now.  But the Caddy.  It’s a good car, and it was a good price.  So we asked to be able to buy it.  Andy’s dad had to get the go-ahead from his siblings to sell us the car, and they all agreed, so we had to go back to Indy to transfer the title and plates.

As the week progressed, Andy’s aunts and uncles decided that they didn’t want us to buy the car.  They wanted to give us the car.  It was an incredibly generous offer on their part, and we were blown away.  So yesterday we went to Indy to get our new car.  Since all of this has come up in the last week, Andy already found a buyer for the Saturn.  It’s going to be sold early this week.  It’s kind of crazy how quick everything has come up.  It’s almost a little overwhelming when I think about it.  But as of yesterday, Andy’s Grand Prix is my new car, and the Caddy is his.

In the midst of all this…I already had plans for the weekend.  I had been planning for a few weeks to go IKEA with my Mom and Dad.  They were coming to our house, and we were going to head to Cincinnati.  So that got changed a little….my parents ended up coming to Andy’s parents house and my dad and I followed my mom to Cincinnati so we could get all of the furniture we needed for the house.

That was all the planned crazy…but things got even a little better when Andy’s parents’ basement flooded (for the second time last week) early in the morning.  He ended up spending most of his day with his mom and dad sucking water out of their basement with wet/dry vacs and dumping it down the sump pit.  I think they are going to have to replace the laminate flooring in their basement.

Mom and Dad and I got all of the stuff we needed, and we eventually met Andy (and Ollie) back at our house.  Dad helped Andy put together one of the cabinets….Andy said later that he liked working with my dad a lot more than working with me.  Apparently I’m not a great furniture building helper.  But we got it installed and it looks great.  Dad offered to help more, but Andy and I were both wearing out at that point.  Actually, we were both asleep in the living room before my parents had been gone an hour.  So we have new furniture and a new car and a whole lot of fun!! 

No comments: