Thursday, October 27, 2011

A week in our lives: Wednesday

Wednesday was rough.  Really rough.  Liam did little sleeping and lots of screaming.

6:00 Liam wakes up, eats, goes back to bed.

8:00 I get up, and waste an hour.  I start looking at Christmas card designs for our card this year.

9:00 Liam is up for real.  We hang out on his activity mat, and I start laundry and pick up.  We play with the dogs and take them out.

9:30 Liam eats, but he won’t eat a full bottle.  He fights a whole lot and is really cranky.

10:00 Liam’s first nap.  I shower and get ready, start a batch of pinto beans in the crock pot

Basically from here until 1:00, our whole day is Liam screaming and me trying to help him calm down.  He did eat his oatmeal happily, but that’s about all he did happily.  At about 1, he finally settled down, and fell asleep around 2.  I read my library book, and he woke up at 3.  More of the same commenced.  It was the longest day we’ve had in a long time.  I was worn out.

After Andy got home, I gave Liam another bath (he usually gets 2 a week, but he has a yeast rash that’s lingering, and it seems to help it to clean him completely at the end of the day.  Liam fussed a lot when it was time for bed.  He was lying in his crib with his eyes closed but still screaming, so we gave him a few more ounces of formula to help him settle (since he hadn’t eaten well during the day, I thought he might be hungry.)  We had a parenting first that I would have loved to avoid—I accidentally hit his head on his dresser and he cried and I was a wreck.

Once Liam went to bed, I just spent some time on the internet looking at Christmas cards again.  We’re going to design our own, and I was looking for some designs I liked to come up with ideas for our own.  After that, I baked a loaf of pumpkin bread and turned the pinto beans into un-fried refried beans.  I went to bed around 11, and for the first time in a long time, slept a whole night while snuggling Ollie.

No comments: