Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Random Sampling

So remember like two days ago when I told you that Andy agreed to start dressing like Ben Wyatt?  Insert sampling of Ben Wyatt inspiration images here:

200px-Ben_Wyatt_Parks_&_Rec tumblr_lhbfpu7RQI1qhpa58o1_r1_500 tumblr_lijcztUtdR1qhpa58o1_500_large tumblr_lloe3oUnWH1qhpa58o1_500 tumblr_ls6y4rJmlt1qhpa58o1_1280

Well, it turns out that Andy is more gung-ho than I realized.  He asked me tonight if he needed some new pants, because he was pretty sure that his pants weren’t right.  Also, they are all falling off large, and he needs new ones anyway.  But the point is, he asked what kind of pants he needed to keep his Ben look in line.  And he asked if he should get a jacket like the one Ben has.  And I got so tickled.  I didn’t honestly mean for him to change every bit of his wardrobe, but he’s pretty into it right now, so we’ll go with it.  This just means I should probably start getting dressed and not wearing yoga pants every day.  You know, so we can look like we belong together :)

Also, this is just something that made me happy.  On Tuesday night’s Jimmy Fallon, they were doing shout-outs.  I noticed right away that one of the guys who was preparing to do a shout out was wearing a “babette ate oatmeal” t-shirt, and I recognized it from season 3 of Gilmore Girls.  Well, it turns out, that guy was giving a shout out to Gilmore Girls for being the best #$%ing show on television.  And I wholeheartedly agreed. And was totally tickled.  And while on the subject of Lauren Graham—last night’s Parenthood made me laugh a huge gut laugh and cry, both more than once.  That’s good television.

No comments: