Saturday, October 1, 2011

October

I have lots to post about....as most of you are probably aware. September took us by surprise and was an emotional whirlwind to say the very least. I'll get to it soon, I promise. But for now, I want to make a list of goals for October because I want to be intentional with Liam and his growing up.

1. Go to a pumpkin patch--I want this to be a tradition every year, and I want to start this year.

2. Make applesauce. Liam had his first solids today--a very not solid oatmeal (he got about 5 spoonfuls in and started shouting because Andy wasn't feeding him fast enough....Daddy gave up and switched to a regular bottle). Early in November he will be six months old and ready for not cereal solids-I'd love for applesauce to be one of his firsts...and I'd prefer it be made by me.

3. Go somewhere to see the leaves. Even if it's just popping the bitty in the stroller and going to Clifty (you know....down the street), I'd like to take a leaf-seeing trip.

4. Play in the leaves. Obviously, this will be more appropriate at the end of the month, when they are falling....but I think Liam would love the feeling of crackly leaves in his hands. We'll just have to watch and make sure they aren't in his mouth. And I already know that Ollie loves playing in leaves--we did it with him last fall.

1 comment:

jami said...

I made my own applesauce in a crockpot for my kindergarteners! It's fun and easy :)