Saturday, July 16, 2011

Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can’t Lose

Sometimes, I get a bit attached to television shows.  Gilmore Girls was probably the most obviously obsessive over the years…since I watched the seasons on repeat through my last two years of college.  But there is a close second—Friday Night Lights.  Last night marked the end of this series, one that I dearly love, and I can’t bring myself to watch the last episode yet.  I keep looking at it in my Hulu queue this morning, but I don’t want to say good-bye yet.  I remember how sad I was when I finished the last episode of Gilmore Girls, and I feel like this will be just as bad.  I am fully aware that this is ridiculous.  It’s okay.  I sobbed when Growing Pains was over too, to the point that my mom suggested not letting me watch the last episode of Full House.  It’s not a new ridiculous.  Andy does the same thing (not the crying part).  Anytime we finish watching a show on Netflix, we are both kind of sad  about it and go through a whole “I can’t believe it’s over” time period.  But this one…this one is tough.  I so love Coach Taylor, and Tami, and the team.  I don’t want to say good-bye to Tim Riggins and his greasy hair. 

Okay….I’m getting control of myself.  Melodramatic moment controlled.  At least Jason Katims’s other show, Parenthood, will be back in the fall.  If I can’t hang out with the Taylors and all of Dillon, Texas, at least I’ll have the Bravermans.

No comments: