Wednesday, September 24, 2008

That sweet husband of mine

A few weeks ago, like three maybe, something very special happened in our house. I don't know why I'm just getting around to blogging this...but I am.


I was having a really rough week at school. I had several students out for various things, and the make-up work was flying in from all directions. I had a stack of 100 essays to grade, along with grammar packets, a capitalization test, and a few other daily work type things. I was struggling to catch up.


At home, I hadn't bought any groceries for two-three weeks. The laundry was piled up. And I was exhausted. I felt so very overwhelmed. I called Andy one morning from school, because in the rush of the day I had forgotten my lunch, and that small moment was about to send me over the edge.


When I got home that night, this is what I found:
A pretty rose. Is it just me, or is that some crazy filler in that vase?

A card that said: "Ashley, don't touch the laundry!!! I love you! Andy"

And a sandwich from the one and only Subway! Even after working there for 2.5 years in high school, I am still never tired of Subway.

Seriously....what a sweetheart. That sweet husband of mine.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

You just described what would be a perfect moment in my world. Flower, sweet sweet husband, AND Subway??? Does Andy have a brother??? ;)

Hope the weeks is better these days!!!