Monday, September 22, 2008

Back in the saddle

I had to go back to school today. After my "no power/boil water advisory" week, I had to go back to work. And I've got to tell you, it's not all it's cracked up to be.


It wasn't bad. It just wasn't nearly as much fun as staying in my pajamas, playing with spray paint and glue guns, and spending the week with my friends. This whole work thing just seems so overrated.


Speaking of my glue gun....I finished up these pretty things yesterday. I had them up last weekend, but I didn't think I did it right. Then I realized the fabric smelled like dead fish, and it needed to be laundered. So when I finally got power, I got it laundered, and I finished this up Saturday night. Those are some purty sentences, I know. I'll just repeat something I said at lunch on Saturday, "I may be an English teacher..but I never said I was a good one." Also..don't pay attention to the floral sofa...it will be slipcovered soon :)


Speaking of Saturday...what a good day! My mom, and Mariah, and Tamera (Mariah's mom) were here, and we took the town by storm. We had lunch at The Downtowner (my favorite place to go...and we only go when we have guests) and wandered throughout the shops downtown, having a good old time. The next time Shannon is home (are you reading this Shannon?) she and Mariah and I are going to the paint your own pottery studio together. I think Lauren Keller should come on her next weekend off and do the same thing with me. Back to Saturday. We had a blast.


I think my mom misses me. I make her laugh so hard she doesn't know what to do with herself. I told her that I know she doesn't have nearly as much fun when I'm not around.


And they teased me about my glue gun obsession. And we went into the chocolate shop, each bought a chocolate, walked out onto the sidewalk and ate it (cinnamon truffle--so yum!). Then we crossed the street and got a scoop of ice cream. Isn't that just something that girls can do together? Andy would look at me like I sprouted two heads if I suggested that. It was like seriously the perfect day.


And that ends my fancy writing for today.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Love the drapes! So cute! And boo for going back to work. Hope your week goes by fast!

Anonymous said...

Jo's hair is looking so adorable these days!

-Lauren (the one that's not her daughter)