Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Exploding Dishes

I learned an important lesson today.

Do not broil Pyrex. It will explode. And shatter all over your counter and parts of your kitchen, and make you somewhat frustrated. Especially when you realize that only an idiot would have put a glass dish under such high heat. And you are that idiot.

I wish I had taken a picture of it, but I was sort of shell-shocked. My poor sister called just minutes afterwards, and I was barely coherant.

I had completely planned to share with you how wonderful my dear husband is...but that will have to wait until tomorrow. There are pictures for that story. Besides, this is shorter, and until I start to make a dent in the five inch pile of papers I need to grade, I should stick with shorter.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Good to know... No broiling pyrex. Don't feel bad, I may have done that too. I'll have to put a note on my fridge.