Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall Decor

In the craziness of the last few weeks, I never posted pictures of my fall decorations. I'm pretty excited about them--especially because I finally got the bookshelf arranged in a way that I love. It's always looked off to me, but now I love it.
The wall above the sofa. Yes, those picture frames are still empty. I need some good pictures to put inside. But isn't that Harvest sign so sweet? It was only like 3 dollars at Hobby Lobby. And my fake pumpkins are from Big Lots. I got them the first and last time Andy went to Big Lots with me. He's okay with me shopping in ghetto looking stores...he just doesn't want to be there for it. And apparently the white C fell over.
The bookshelf, all decked out for fall. I added some new pumpkin spice candles to it this afternoon, so it already looks a little different. Oh...and a vase I got at the GW and spray painted white. I'll post a picture of that soon.
Closer shot of the top shelves. Those apples are sitting on coffee mugs from our dinnerware set. We ended up with four sets of our dishes...and I never have used all sixteen coffee cups at once, so I used some for decoration! The bird came from the Dollar Tree (so did the pumpkins), and I spray painted him. I made the FALL sign with scrapbook paper and a cookie sheet. And Andy and I made the "Cook family" sign as a joint effort. It didn't turn out perfectly, but it's cute enough.
Our fall centerpiece on our ugly little table with the non-matching chairs. We need a real table. Really badly.

And that about wraps up our tour. Hope you enjoyed your visit!