Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My identity is my own

I think I finally got my whole banking situation figured out today. The money that was taken will be credited back to our account within 10 days and my credit report looks good. I have a new card, and I just need to activate it. Woohoo! I have access to money again! I was down to about 11 dollars in cash and we need groceries. Of course, I could have used Andy's card if we got really desperate. It's just been a really trying time. I've been praying a lot about it, though, because it has really revealed a lot about my heart. The anger and the frustration that I have felt have really shown me how much value I have placed on earthly things, and not on storing up treasures in heaven. It's amazing the things that God uses to teach us lessons and show us the state of our hearts.

We just started a ladies Precept study at our church tonight--and I am so crazy excited. I know that this study will bless all the women involved. So many have never had this experience before, and I am so thrilled for them. It's an immense undertaking...but the rewards are so incredible! It was the largest Bible study class I have seen since we started at the church (there have only been two....and they both had fewer than 10 ladies involved...there were nearly 30 there tonight!)

No comments: