Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another way we're different

Earlier, I was realizing that there are two malls within one mile of each other (basically, they are across the street from each other) in Louisville. We are going to one of those malls tomorrow to have lunch at the Cheesecake Factory for our anniversary, and do some shopping. I was checking out the store directories for both malls, because I need a new suit, or at least a suit skirt to match one of the jackets I own for something very adult I have to do in the next few weeks. I turned around to start telling Andy about my discoveries...and this is basically the conversation we had.

Me: These two malls are just across the street from each other. It looks like they combine to form Louisville's version of a great mall. Basically, whatever one doesn't have, the other does.

Andy: Oh, so like one has Target and the other has K-Mart.

Silence.

More silence.

I start laughing.

Me: Are you being serious?

Andy: Yes. Why are you laughing?

Me: Sorry. It's just that Target and K-Mart aren't really mall stores. Did you really not know that?

Andy: Yes. What are you talking about?

Me: These malls are kind of like if Castleton and the Fashion Mall were across the street from each other...but not quite that cool, because Indy has Crate and Barrel and H&M. Like one of them has Ann Taylor LOFT and the other has Ann Taylor. Or, one has Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma, but the other has Pottery Barn Kids and Sephora. Or, one has White House, Black Market and the other has GAP, Banana Republic and Old Navy.

Andy: So it would be like one has Best Buy and the other has Circuit City?

And that, my friends, is where this story will end.

No comments: