Thursday, May 8, 2008

Updating the house

When we first moved in last September, I thought I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I loved everything when it was finished. Now, I'm beginning to rethink a few things. The biggest is our office. I loved the dark red with black and white prints last summer, but after a whole winter of it, I think I need something brighter. I still love the room, but I think the dark makes it easier for me to think it's okay to clutter the room. It's like the black hole of the house, so I'd like to repaint and start over. I will probably try a yellow or something equally bright, and then update the decorations and such.
I am loving these little wall vases for the kitchen, where I currently have scrapbook paper framed. They are from CB2, the same place I got the hanging candleholders that are in the cutout window from the kitchen to the living room.


Also, the fabric that I loved for pillows in the living room is seeming to wintery now. I'd kind of like to just make button on pillow covers that I can change to update the look every so often. Maybe change them out every six months or so. I'm really liking these fabrics right now:


And lastly, the bathroom. It feels too beige right now. We had registered for aqua, teal, brown, and tan towels, but we only received the brown and tan. Combine that with the brown rug, tan shower curtain, and tan walls, and it's a very boring room. I think I'd like to paint the walls white, and change out the shower curtain to this:

http://www.target.com/Dots-Shower-Curtain-Green/dp/B000M3LYGO/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_3/602-7576710-2004605

I'd also like the matching rug. I think that if I take the black and white striped curtains from the office and find a green ribbon to match the shower curtain, it could be one sassy little room. I'm also thinking about buying and painting two little flower shaped towel holders from Hobby Lobby, so we don't have to drape our wet towels over the shower curtain anymore.

So, these are my ideas. I'll probably start changing things a little bit at a time, as I figure out how to work it into the budget :)

No comments: