Saturday, May 17, 2008

The earth is the Lord's...

Last night, Andy and I became explorers.

And we discovered a new world. Less than a mile from our home.

Well, not new new. Just new to us.

After dinner and the great ant killing spree of 08 we decided to go for a walk. Only this time, we didn't stick to around the block. We decided to make use of the wide open entrance to a state park that's literally three houses down. So we start out, at first just wondering along the paved roads and being goofy. Then we realize that we are literally a half-mile from the waterfalls that the park is named after.

So we wander down onto one of the trails, for one set of waterfalls (I think there are three) and instantly walk into one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. The falls are over 70 feet high, with huge cliffs and trees all around. It was absolutely stunning. And peaceful. And huge. And majestic. And perfect. And seriously a mile from our house. We could not believe it. We could not believe no one had told us about this! It was so beautiful! We're thinking about going back tonight and checking out one of the other falls. This time I'm not going to wear $3 Old Navy flip-flops. Some of the rock was really slippery and I was definitely not dressed appropriately. And I'm bringing my camera....because we need pictures of this! I have finally discovered something new that I like about Madison (it's been awhile...my last discoveries were a few shops downtown)

To Mom: You have to come and go for a hike. It'll make your science lesson on Clifty Falls so much better. Plus you can show your kids real pictures--"This is Mrs. Keller on the trail" and "This is Mrs. Keller falling down on the trail" and "This is Mrs. Keller punching Mr. Keller for laughing when she fell down" It'll be perfect. Seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh!!! I can imagine Mrs. Keller hitting Mr. Keller for laughing. That vision made my day.

Aunt Cris