Sunday, May 4, 2008

This is why we shouldn't talk in church

During Sunday evening service, I had the hardest time not cracking up. Andy and I were just inches away (yes..inches, a physical measurement) from dying laughing. We were both just not fully with it tonight, and the most bizarre things were happening.

There was a speaker from the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief team there and he was saying that the trailer they had parked outside could outfit two teams of 8 for up to a month (or something like that....the details are fuzzy) and I whispered to Andy, "Wow, that's not a very big trailer for that amount of stuff"

He kind of stopped and looked at me funny.

"You know the people don't go in the trailer, right?"

Really? They don't? I thought they were going to pack 'em in the way Mrs. Kim's tambourine troup traveled on Gilmore Girls.


Then, a few minutes later, the man speaking was reading his PowerPoint, but he missed a word.
His exact sentence:
"Teams are deployed for man-made earthquakes, floods....."

I look at Andy. "How you do make a man-made earthquake?"

"Get a lot of big people and have them jump in your yard."


Then, at the very end as we are singing "Take my life" Andy mis-sang a line.

Me: Did you just say 'Take my heart, it is my own' because it's supposed to be thine own....like you're giving it God.

And next week we're expecting our letter inviting us to enjoy church elsewhere. Just kidding :)

No comments: