Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This is what I need!

Tonight I got to spend a few hours with a group of wonderful ladies...and it was so perfect....except that it was for a moving away party. Exactly what I have been longing for. Female fellowship. I feel like I get so little of it these days, and I have so missed it. I was so bonded to my friends at Purdue...heck, I lived with my two best friends....it doesn't get any better than that. And then to move away from that, from everyone and everything I have known to a place where there really aren't people my age has just been a really difficult transition.

I have started to develop relationships with women here, but it's harder. A lot of times it seems like things stay at the surface level for so long. Most of them are mothers, and I am not. Many of them are already friends with each other. I am not naturally a very bold person...so asking people to do stuff is kind of difficult for me.

But after tonight, I know that I need it. I can feel the change in myself after having spent Wednesday with Linsey and Margo in Indy and then tonight at Michelle's party. I feel so much lighter, so much happier. I know that the Lord has blessed me with these relationships....I just need to be bold about pursuing them more! I need a friend who will get up in my bid-ness! Someone who will help me figure out this being a wife business....and someone who I know I can call for anything.

So that's what I'll be pursuing this summer.

If you need me, I'll be out pestering someone to be my friend.

No comments: