Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Not quite what we had in mind....

Later this week I will post a lovely photo essay entitled, "What to do with year old wedding cake." But not right now.

Right now, I'll share with you how our anniversary was supposed to go. And then how it really went.

How it was supposed to go:

Lunch at Cheesecake Factory.

Shopping at two malls in Louisville.

Watching Prince Caspian.

Dinner at a really kitschy restaurant in the arts district of Louisville.

Come home, enjoy evening together, eat cake.

How it went:
Lunch at Cheesecake Factory, but no dessert...because we were too full.

Shopping at just a few stores in one mall because....

The first dress I tried on at Forever 21 made me look 5 mos. pregnant and made me really sad.

Then my card was declined at Ann Taylor LOFT.

And again at Williams-Sonoma.

But Andy's worked at both....and they are attached to the same checking account. The checking account I meticulously balance and know the state of daily.

I start to get frustrated. My attitude was beyond lovely. And I want to leave. So we do. We go home to go to the bank and figure out what is going on.

At the bank, as the super sweet girl behind the counter is telling me what has happened, someone from the bank headquarters is calling Andy to share with him the same thing.

My card has been restricted. Because of unusual activity. Unusual activity that I didn't put on it. Someone got ahold of my card number and made some purchases on it....there were three or four that the bank had noted before they froze the card, but things haven't posted to the account yet, so we don't know to what extent. Of course, this means that I am without my card for a few weeks, until a new one arrives. And we have to fill out a police report to try to get back the money that has been stolen. And essentially, this is going to be a long week.

No comments: