Saturday, May 3, 2008

Joy Comes in the Morning

Today was our ladies luncheon at church--my very first ever. And I got to help with food. It was so much fun--and such a dream. I love to work with food, and to serve other people, so it was so exciting to have the opportunity to do both.

I helped two other women do most of the work....and it was such a blast. And so much work! I had no idea how much went into an event like this. I got to the church as soon I could after school yesterday...and got home at 10 last night. Then I was there from 8:30 to 3 today....all for a two hour meal! The end product, though, was so absolutely worth it. The food turned about so well, and the ladies were just so sweet.

Last night while we were frantically searching every discount store along the Clifty Drive strip (ha!) for serving dishes and tongs I found two things at Big Lots I want to buy for decorating the house. I have to remember to go back and get them.

Several of them said some really sweet and encouraging things to me....and it was just so what I needed. This year has been a difficult one, and things just feel so up and down so often...it was just so nice to feel this incredible encouragement coming from people I didn't even know a year ago.

I am so exhausted right now. I can't make my words come out correctly.

I also learned how to make homeade fruit syrup, for pancakes and such. I have a container of strawberry and of blueberry in the fridge. They are so good.

And I got to bring home lots of leftovers. We had some of them for dinner...and there are still a lot more left.

Aldi makes the best raspberry iced tea powder mix. Seriously, it was the hit of the day. I'm going to buy my own. As soon as I get a pitcher.

Sad moment of the day: I was having a good hair day. But I had to pull it up because I was working in the kitchen.

I'm chopping my hair off on Thursday, before I go see my mom and dad this weekend.

No comments: