Thursday, July 31, 2008

When I return, I hope to be a completely changed human being

I am home from camp.

And exhausted.

To the point I might start crying.

Actually. I have. Four times.

First cry, when I saw Andy. Because four days with youth made me miss my husband a whole lot. I even painted my t-shirt to say, "I love my husband" to surprise him today. He liked it.

Second cry, Andy told me I smelled bad. I'm sure it was true. And he was just teasing me. But I cried, nonetheless.

Third cry, no reason whatsoever. I looked at my laundry and started to tear up.

Fourth cry, Andy called to tell me his glasses fell off his face when he was driving, and out the window, and another car ran them over so he needed me to come to work and take him to Wal-Mart to get new ones. And I was so sad for him and his fiasco that I cried again. Especially when I remembered that he had to go to the doctor this morning, to have his six week long bronchitis looked at again.

I also teared up a little when I showered. And when I hit my bruise. It's quite a bruise. About the size of a tennis ball, if you cut its guts out and stretched it. Maybe not quite that big. But big. I got injured on the ropes course....and this bruise is like right by my armpit. Maybe I'll take a picture of it. But probably not.

All in all, though, camp was good. It was a good week. It was a fun week. It was at times a hard week. And it was truly exhausting.

But it was worth it. The kids didn't want to go home. A few cried. They agreed unanimously (I'm positive I misspelled that) that they liked it better than going to Florida last year. And that's a big deal. There was a lot of dissension about the decision to stay in state instead of going to the beach. But it was all good. Of course it was. Because it was all God.

Now I need to work on my laundry.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I hope by the time you read this you are feeling MUCH better. I ALWAYS cry when I get home from long trips. I blame the exhaustion mixed with the relief of being back. Get a good night sleep and GIRL, you have got to go get an Ice Dream. Do they have Chick-fil-a in Indiana??? If so, leave ASAP and order and Ice Dream with chocolate. It will change your life. :)