Monday, July 14, 2008

Another story about darling 3 year olds

Okay, so really, the three year olds in my life are just too darling. This is a story from after Sunday School this morning.

First, I have been spending a great deal of time at my friend Mary Jo's house. So much, in fact, that her three year old T shouts my name when I enter the house or when he sees me anywhere, and he and I spend lots of time playing with his tools. Sometimes he nearly cries when I go home. The boy and I, we're close.

Today, Andy was talking to the parents of some of our Sunday School students, and I heard T shout my name across the hall. He was still in his in classroom, waiting on his mom to pick him up. So of course I went to talk to him. Our conversation looked like this:

"Hey buddy, what did you learn about in Sunday School?"

"Zatteus (or Zaccheus)"

"What did you learn about Zaccheus?"

"He was SHORT"

"What did he do?"

"He cwimbed a tree"

"Why did he do that"

"To see Jesus!"

And I do believe it blessed his dear teacher's heart. That boy knows his Scripture. He can already recite Genesis 1:1, the first five books of the Bible, explain who Jesus is...and what redemption is, and sing a lovely rendition of Blessed Be Your Name...and he's starting to learn Chris Tomlin's new song, Jesus Messiah. Oh, and when someone tried to steal his offering money, he told them they couldn't have it because that money was for God's work. And he schooled me on Ezra a few weeks back. When he learns something, it sticks. And he's just so dear.

I love that kid.

No comments: