Friday, July 11, 2008

Sunburn, oh blessed sunburn

This week has been exceptionally dull. After craziness the last few weeks, it's been kind of nice to relax a little. I have mostly been working on my lesson plans for the start of the school year, and doing some reading. But today I went to the pool with some friends. And forgot to put sunscreen on my shoulders and back. Because that's the part Andy usually does for me. You would think that in the midst of Mary Jo reapplying the boys sunscreen 3 times, I would have figured it out. But no. Instead, my back is so, so red and sore. It's the color I wish our tomatoes were. And I feel like yuck.

But it was kind of worth it....because the day was so fun. Mary Jo's boys are 3 and 2 and this was their first real experience in a swimming pool, and it was SO fun to watch them get excited and figure out how to play in water.

Next time, though....I'll remember to protect my skin.

No comments: