Thursday, July 17, 2008

Guess what? White and eggshell white are exactly the same colour. Exactly

So...this week it hit me.

My summer is almost over.

My time as an unemployed college graduate is almost over.

My time as a wife without a job is almost over.

So of course I decided it was time to take on 46.3 trillion new projects.

Like redecorating the guest room. And parts of the bedroom. And cleaning out closets. And freezing a few things for dinner when I'm too tired to cook. And finishing my lesson plans for the first six weeks of school. Oh...and going to a teacher conference next week, and youth camp the week after.

I'm a little tired. And I have a blister. From painting.

I finally decided that I really couldn't handle the gray-green color in the guest room anymore...and that my whole house decorating style has changed and evolved this past year. So I hate everything I did last fall. And I want to change it.

So I'm starting with the smallest room. The bedding will change...right now I'm thinking about trying a red gingham/toile reversible duvet cover. I'm going to buy fabric this afternoon...and start sewing ??? maybe today while Andy's little brother in BBBS is here. If I can get ahold of mom and see if she can tell me again how to thread the machine. And I still want to repaint my bookshelves my grandpa made me. The dark blue and lime green was super cute my sophomore year...but now I need something a little more grown up.

Yesterday, I painted the ceiling, and today I painted the walls. Andy's parents recently taught me what I was doing wrong when I paint, and correcting that has made the job so much easier. Sadly, I hit a snag today. I have been using leftover paint....stuff that was already in the house, and I ran out after one coat. Now, there is another gallon of paint that is a very similar color, but not the same....and I was considering using it for the second coat...even though I'm sure that goes against every rule of painting. But I realized that I do need to have more of that original color...because it's the paint in the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom. And I need to touch up some in the kitchen and bathroom. And I want to paint over my blue accent wall in the bedroom. So I'm off to Lowe's in a bit to buy a gallon.

I'll let you know how much I get done in the next three or so weeks.

I may have to be hooked up to a caffeine IV.

2 comments:

katylinvw said...

whew! girl, make my head spin! hope you get to check some things off your list :)

Anonymous said...

I would be happy to insert that IV for you...STAT!

Lauren