Monday, July 7, 2008

Catching Up and Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is (was?) my mom's birthday. We got to spend part of the weekend with her...and it was delightful! Here she is last February with Dad, Lauren and me.



Happy Birthday, again, Mom! I love you so, so much!

Andy and I have had a great couple of days. We went to a party with some of his coworkers on Thursday. We got to see my family on Friday, and his on Saturday. We went to the parade in my hometown, a pancake and sausage breakfast, had a campfire with hot dogs and smores with my family, then grilled out and dined al fresco with his family at his grandpas house. I love eating on the patio there. It's such a relaxing garden area. And we had a lovely drive home complete with Starbucks (my first since like April....we are so deprived in this boondock town of ours)...where I was thrilled to discover that the Mint Mocha Frapuccino had returned--it was my favorite drink in the Summer of 2005--but this time, it had chocolate whipped cream. And then we had a relaxing Sunday.
On our drive home--do you see what's wrong in this picture?


At the campfire--all the couples in our family (mom and dad) (andy and me) (lauren and john):

My cousins children....not all of these belong to the same person...they just get so much bigger every time I see them. I guess that happens when you only see them twice a year.


And today I went to Louisville with some friends and had lunch at P.F. Changs (a new favorite, for sure), went to the Lifeway Store where I got two new Bible studies (this and this), contemplated moving into the Bible study aisle (and the Bible aisle...and a few others), and bought Amy Grant's greatest hits (which I'm pretty excited about...I've been dancing and singing around the house for the last hour), then went to see the movie Hancock. It was dec(ent). I think Andy will enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

P.F. Changs has been a favorite of ours for a while now... we are thinking about seeing Hancock, if we can find our way to the theatre. I think I'll have to now...

I love the gas station picture. I kept seeing ones on the trip that would say 41.9 for a gallon of gas, and wanted to take a picture of that. English teacher meet math teacher.