Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My students were stinking funny today.

There was something in the water today because my kids were hysterical.  I nearly wet myself laughing every class period today.  I have a few examples to share with you…my favorites for the day.

First period, one girl asked me if she could use some of my lotion because she needed to put something on her fingers so she would stop licking them.  When the class questioned her about this, she responded, “Oh, I always lick my fingers when I get out of the shower so I can keep them wet.  I like the way they feel.”

The class told her she was a dog.  (Not in a bad way…mostly because she licks herself).

Later in the day, my ninth graders were reading Romeo and Juliet, and they came up with the euphemism of “playing checkers” to describe what Romeo and Juliet were going to do in her chambers on their wedding night.  They spent the rest of the class period trying to find ways to use the phrase.  Only one person didn’t get it.  Which made it really even better.

And fifth period, a senior girl told me that lately all she wants to eat it chocolate, but it makes her feel guilty.  So she watches an exercise tape while she eats the chocolate, hoping that it will motivate her to do the exercise after the chocolate.  So far, though, it’s not really working for her.  At least that’s what she told me.

3 comments:

Cris said...

I like the watch exercise while eating chocolate. Maybe I will try it!

Snap, Crackle & Pop said...

Thanks for making half of the Tri 1 class at NUHS laugh. We all needed it before tomorrow's exams.

Ashley said...

Aunt Cris--I thought it was genius. I might do it myself.

LK--no problem. Any time. I might have a post in a few days that will make you pee yourself--I just need Andy to bring home a video camera...so we can record O's new favorite game.