Saturday, October 2, 2010

Snippets

Last week was busy.  I had parent teacher conferences all night Wednesday.  We attended a banquet for the crisis pregnancy center on Thursday night.  And last night we had small group.

--At conferences, I saw more than 30 parents.  That’s more than I have ever seen before.  I felt like I was talking constantly.  It was kind of embarrassing, though.  We didn’t have report cards because of technology issues, so I kept saying, “Well….I think she’s about here.”  Ridiculous.

--I recently rediscovered the Subway Melt.  I had two last week.  One on Sunday when we got home from Indy and one on Wednesday before conferences.  It was either Subway or McDonalds…because those are the only two restaurants in the town I teach in.

--Last weekend was Margo’s wedding.  It was seriously the best time I’ve had in a long time.  She was absolutely stunning and the whole night was just perfect.

--I want to go to IKEA.  I’m tired of our house “almost working.”  It’s really not functioning the best it could for us.  And I think I know how to fix it.  I made a list.  I want a sideboard and a cabinet for storage in the kitchen.  I think it will help solve a lot of issues there.  I want to add two wardrobes to our bedroom, some bookshelves in the living room, and a few more chairs throughout the house. 

--I need to clean today.  Our house is disgusting.

--Last night was small group, and it was ridiculous.  I couldn’t stop laughing the whole night.  And we had soup night which was totally awesome.

--We left Oliver free while we were gone, thinking it would only be the normal amount of time for small group.  Yeah.  He was free for over four hours.  We were nervous to see what we would find.  When we got home, we couldn’t find him.  He busted into our bedroom, crawled into our bed, and fell asleep. 

--We all fell asleep in the living room last night.  Right now, Andy is laying on the carpet and Ollie is snuggled up against his stomach (well….what is his stomach underneath the comforter) and they are both sleeping away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ollie sure has the life!