Sunday, September 20, 2009

An Ideal Week

In an ideal week, I would start Monday with:

-my breakfast for the week portioned and bagged

-groceries purchased

-produce prepped for the week ahead

-papers graded, lesson plans ready to go

-a clean house, organized, dusted and ready to go

-laundry washed, folded, and put away

This week is not going to be an ideal week

I do have the groceries ready, and breakfast and the veggies prepped.

My lesson plans are about 83% ready.

I have less than 30 minutes of grading.

But the rest is not going to happen.  I don’t really know why I didn’t do the laundry.  There’s no real reason.  But the whole clean house thing isn’t going to happen.

In about 15 minutes, we are going to clear out the last few things from our living room.  Then my husband is going to rip out the monstrous red carpet.  Tomorrow at 10:30, our pretty new carpet is going to be installed.  Then later in the afternoon, our new sofas will be delivered.  And when I get home from school, we are going to put our living room back together again.

I will reclaim my office.  The piles will go back to where they belong.  We will no longer have a living room that looks like this (actually…that picture is from 2007 right after we moved in…it hasn’t looked totally like that in awhile)

Camera11.1.07 392

The green is gone.  In its place is a color that had better not be pink when the new carpet comes in or there may be weeping and gnashing of teeth tomorrow night.  The burgundy will be gone.  In its place will be pretty carpet. 

And I will be able to put my house back together again.

Until we demolish the kitchen next month and start the whole thing over again.

No comments: