Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A happy ending to a rough day

Today was not my favorite day.  But the part since I got home 40 minutes ago has been fabulous.  I came home to a sweet husband, a fully cooked dinner (I put it in the crock pot this morning)…and things instantly perked up.  Then I found out that a cd that I have wanted since my freshman year of college is available on iTunes.  And I’m thrilled.

This particular cd is by the David Crowder Band.  Truly, Crowder is probably my hands down favorite musician.  I always turn back to David Crowder.  The cd I found is their very first album, All I Can Say, and I have wanted it for a very long time.  And it was not available anywhere.  ANYWHERE.  So many of the songs on that album were songs we sang during worship my freshman year at Purdue…a time when I was just discovering that a relationship with God was possible.  That Christianity wasn’t being a good person and doing the right thing the way I had been taught up to then.  That the Word of God was living, breathing, and active, not a set of rules and regulations.  And this cd contained a whole lot of songs that meant a whole lot to me during that time.

So I’m sitting here, hearing the very words, “Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth….the flowers of the field are crying to be heard, the trees of the forest are singing…”  Words that first made the Lord real to me.  And I’d be lying if I told you I wasn’t crying.  It’s such a small thing, but having the iTunes version of this cd touches my very soul, and brings me more happiness than you can know.  Best 9.99 I ever spent :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Your post inspired me to go back and listen to David Crowder some myself. I think it's an understatement to say, good stuff. :) Thank you.