Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Proud to be a TARK wife!

This past weekend is one that is always anticipated in our house.  It was the annual Tark reunion.  Tarkington Hall was the residence hall Andy lived in for 4 of his 5 years at Purdue.  He was involved in the Bible study with Campus Crusade for Christ in that building for all five years.  It is no small statement to say that the men involved in that study have absolutely shaped my husband into the man he is today.  They are some of his best friends, the people who have seen him through all sorts of life business.  He has stood up with more of them than I care to remember as they were married, and a handful of them stood with him on our wedding day.  And every year, those same men gather together for a weekend of encouragement, sunburn, and a lot of this (stolen from Facebook)(my husband is the one on the left)(J. Harris the dead sexy man is in the middle)(I don’t have a nickname for J. Lane):

While the men were doing their menly things in the middle of a cornfield in central Indiana, the wives and children of a few of them met in Louisville to do woman things.  That sounded like not what I was going for.  We went to the zoo.  We ate brownies mixed with cookies.  We ate pizza from California Pizza Kitchen.  We watched “How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days.” We chatted until our faces turned blue.  We bought soap at Bath and Body Works (I am in soap love with White Citrus).  And it was glorious.  It was so fabulous to spend a weekend with girls who are near my age, and in sort of similar life situations.  Two have kids, three of us didn’t.  One of the other wives needs to be my new BFF.  She actually lives in Louisville, so I’ve been begging Andy all week to double date with them….because their apartment is so barely an hour away.  Once I returned home, I realized I had only taken a few pictures from this weekend, and they aren’t really post-able.  One set was of a secret mission that shall not become public knowledge, and the rest were of three-year-old Grace, who is seriously adorable, but I’m not going to plaster her photo all over the internet without parental permission.  So know—I love being a Tark wife.  It’s an honor and a privilege.  Even if I have endured some of the most excruciatingly awkward wedding moments as a result of it.  And I am positive I will endure so many more.  Starting next May.  And I’ll definitely recap some of those that have already occurred at a later date.  I’ll give you my top ten list :) 

No comments: