Saturday, November 1, 2008

I saw a turkey! It's November!

Andy and I went for a walk in the park today...and we saw eight turkeys! It was so exciting. They crossed the road one at a time right in front of us. It was so cool. We were walking, and we heard rustling in the leaves near us. Then we saw them moving around. At first, I thought it was like three--but there were totally eight!

It's also like peak color week here, so the park was in full glory. I'm hoping to go back tomorrow to get some pictures. It was stunning. There were the most beautiful oranges, golds, and reds..and a dark purple that looked almost black. As we were walking, I told Andy that it made me so excited to see the colors change....I feel like it's just an incredible display of God's glory--while we were walking, we saw colors and combinations and views that people spend years trying to imitate. No human could have dreamt that up. And that's just a tiny bit of something God has created. I was pretty darn excited about it.

No comments: