Monday, November 3, 2008

And it started at 4:30

This time change business really messed me up.  I woke up at 4:30 this morning, completely unable to fall back to sleep.  So I got up, had my quiet time, cleaned the living room, and still had time before work.

Then I went to school, where I had a pretty all right day.  I finished up all of my grading, decided not to cut back on the things I grade this week, so I don't get overloaded again, and finished up my lesson plans for this trimester.  I had our student aide make some copies for me...so basically, I am currently more organized than I have ever been this school year.  It's a good place to be.  I'm going to start writing my final tomorrow, so I can get that out of the way as well.

I had a few pretty bad things happen at school today, but I feel like I handled them like a real teacher.  I never lost my temper or got really angry.  I just handled it.  It was exciting.  I'm starting to hit my stride.

Then, after school, I went to the Christian bookstore and I got a few new devotional books.  I found a copy of "Streams in the Desert" for five dollars, and I've seen it recommended before, so I got it and put it in the bathroom.  It has perfect bathroom length devotionals.  I was actually looking for a small Bible for my desk at school.  I keep transporting mine back and forth from home, but I would love to have a little one to keep in my desk.  I found a sweet little brown leather ESV that I will probably go back for in the future.  It was just a little more than I wanted to spend today.

After dinner, Andy and I went for a walk, and it might have been one of the most perfect moments of our marriage.  It was getting dark quickly, and we just walked quietly through the park, holding hands.  It was just such a sweet moment of total bliss.  I couldn't stop smiling...I was just so darn excited.

No comments: