Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Well shootsticks

I just realized something.

My husband works for a hilljack company.  With people who are truly country-fied. 

I work at a job where I constantly have to tell people, “A toad is like a frog.  You’re trying to say told.  Put an l in it.”

Two weeks ago, we went to a cornhole tournament at our church.  Andy played.  I sat and watched a dozen or so teams play cornhole.

Andy got a text from a friend at work that said, “Why don’t you guys come over and drink some beer”

And last night, we shoved a 2 4x4 pieces of pegboard in our trunk and drove home from Lowe’s with them sticking out.  Trunk open and all.

And I spent my Monday night cleaning out the garage with my husband.

Excuse me while I go cry.  How did this become my life?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you look back on this time in your life. You will be glad for the simplicity and the love that is in it. The older you get the harder life gets. Enjoy your young years. I saw your post on bye bye pie and thought , hey , I am from southern Indiana too. So, came over to check out your blog. I don't have one. I have enjoyed what I have read of yours. You are also lucky to have such a good man for a husband. You are very ,very lucky though you may not see it just yet. I will ask your forgiveness on all grammatical and punctuation errors, as I see you are an English teacher. :)