Friday, July 17, 2009

Filled with random goodness

It turns out, I am lacking motivation.

Not motivation to get things done, necessarily.  I feel pretty confident about my productivity level for this week.  My house looks lovely.  My laundry is close to done (until, you know, some fool (me) takes off their clothes tonight and ruins the whole thing….sorry, I have some laundry issues).  I have exercised mostly regularly (still need to for today).  I have my classroom rules written out and ready to be printed for all of my classes.  I have the first few weeks of English 9 pretty well plotted out.  I have plans to get things finished in the next few weeks, and I am reworking out budget into a little something I like to call stinking genius.  (I don’t really call it that.  I do prefer the way I have things split up, though). 

My motivation problems come from a variety of things.  Mostly, I realize that there were all sorts of things that I wanted to write about here…and now I don’t want to.  But I want them to be written, so I can remember them later on.  So today becomes a jumbled up post filled with tidbits from all the things I want to remember.

___________________________________

Tidbit 1: A month ago I was in Washington, D.C.  We were supposed to spend the night and drive the many hours back to Indiana the next morning, but that didn’t work out.  So we packed in a full day, left DC late at night, and finally arrived in Indiana about 7 am the next morning.  My ability to work with pictures seems to be seriously inhibited today.  At the end, I’ll post link to a Facebook album that has a sampling of pictures from these stories

_____________________________________

Tidbit 2: Andy and I went on vacation to Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic.  We stayed at an all-inclusive resort and it was a very sweet time.  We did discover a few new mathematic equations over our week

Andy + Sun = 3 days of illness followed by another week and a half of stomach problems upon returning  to the US

Ashley + Mojito =True Love

Ashley+Keeping Track of everything=No problem-o

Andy+Keeping his cell phone on one flight = A trip to Verizon upon returning to the US

Sunshine+Mango Daquiri+Good books=Good time

Ashley +Circling Florida forever because of storms + Customs in Miami + No food + Almost missing flight to Chicago = A very rude passenger

Ashley + Hot Tea at Starbucks at 5 am = Burn marks that remain 2 weeks later

All in all, we had a great time.  We met a sweet waiter who became “our waiter” the whole trip—he’d find us when we came in and make sure we sat in his section.  Have I ever mentioned that my husband has never met a stranger?  And somehow makes friends everywhere?  Including in every airport along this trip?  Andy fell in love with Dominican coffee ( I kept checking to see if it was putting hair on my chest…thankfully, it didn’t).  We got some seriously cool art pieces that I need to get mounted and hung up….and paid a pitifully small sum for them. 

__________________________________________

Tidbit 3:

My grandparents and aunt came to visit yesterday.  Andy showed my grandpa some of the freelance stuff he’s been working on….my grandpa asked if he was going to show him “prono.”  I’m going to let you figure out what Grandpa was trying to say.  Frankly, it’s funny….but there’s no way in heck I’m typing that word.

__________________________________________

Tidbit 4:

I found the COOLEST EVER posters for my classroom.  They may only be cool to me.  But I love them.  They have several commonly misused words—lie and lay, affect and effect, etc., and they explain the difference and show them used.  I bought four.  Because I was in love.

___________________________________________

Tidbit 5:

Andy broke the bathroom sink this week.  He hit it with his hip and busted the pipe.  I thought it was stinking hilarious.  He did not agree.  Many hours later, it was all fixed….but we have to be careful, because it’s not bolted down.  When people come over, we have to explain how to “sit gingerly on the toilet” and “be sure not to bump the sink.”  I think that’s why we don’t have a lot of people over.

_____________________________________________

I think that’s all for now

Go here to see summer pictures

No comments: