Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wanderlust

I am experiencing wanderlust.  A desire for wanderlust?  I’m not really sure what part of speech wanderlust is, but I have it.

I want to get out on the road.  Go.  Do something. 

Instead, I’m here.  In my pajamas since 3.  With an incredibly sore jaw, a twitch in my arm, and sore toes from where I smashed them earlier. 

I want to go.

Instead, I’m here.  I have lots to do in the next few weeks.  I really want to get the red room painted.  In fact, I primer-ed part of one wall today to motivate me to do the rest next week.  I need to get in my classroom and get to work.  I need to start being an adult again. 

I want to go.

I watched an episode of “How I Met Your Mother” (a new favorite show, a bit of a guilty pleasure) earlier that was based on the premise that “nothing good happens after 2AM.”  Right now, I’m thinking 12AM.  I should have gone to bed earlier.

Because I just want to go.

I guess I’m glad I’ll be in Louisville and Cincinnati the next two weekends.  Maybe it will help to curb this desire. 

Or maybe I don’t really want to go.  I just think I do, because I realize that my summer is quickly winding down.  And that’s really why I want to go.  Who knows?

No comments: