Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Books 12-16

In January, in the middle of all of my snow days, I read almost all of a series of books.  I was holding off writing about them until I read the second one (yes, I did read slightly out of order).  I finished it about three weeks ago.  I'm a little behind.

I read the Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley.  Kingsbury had been recommended to me by an acquaintance in college, but I had never actually read any of her books.  They are quickly addicting, sweet, serious, and I don't know that I have ever cried more in my life.  I truly enjoyed these books.

                                                             1133466205_redemption-lg

The series follows a family of five adult children (and their parents and families) who live in Bloomington, Indiana.  Each book focuses primarily on one of the kid's, but all are involved in each.  They deal with adultery, forgiveness, marriage, redemption, returning to faith in Christ, struggling in your Christian walk, disease, family tragedy, Alzheimer's, and so much more.  Each book was packed.  And I loved them.  I saw where there were continuations of the series that didn't necessarily focus on these characters, but they were still involved.  You can bet I'll be checking them out soon. 

No comments: