Monday, February 2, 2009

Book Eleven: Target Underwear and a Vera Wang Gown


I stumbled upon this book purely by accident.
And I'm glad I did.
I actually found this book as I was traipsing through the library about a month ago, waiting on Andy to stop looking the books about robotics. Because my husband? He's kind of a nerd. I didn't check the book out that day, because I had too many (a common problem when I hit the library--all those books and all for free! It's like a sugar rush...I can't control myself!) But I checked it out last weekend. And since I had basically all of last week off, I was able to read it. And I'm so glad I did!
It was a very humorous look at the author's life experiences--told through her closet. She described her life's experiences by her outfits and shopping experiences. Shopping with her mother and grandmother....the outfits and bags that stuck out from her childhood (because really, don't we all have outfits that stick out from our childhoods--for me, my pink and white twirly dress....I loved that thing)...and then on through middle school, high school, college and adult life. I so loved the different relationships she had and the way she remembers them with her fashion from the time. Good stuff.

No comments: