Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In my head, it's Friday

First off, thanks to all for your prayers. Things are still rough, and Andy's uncle is going to have a long road of recovery ahead of him, but for now, things are looking somewhat encouraging.

Today was my last day of school before fall break. Students were only there a half-day, and that felt too long. I gave my students an essay test that lasted two days...so they were itching to get out of my class, and I was itching for them to leave. In my head, I feel like it's Friday. I even feel tired like I do on Friday nights (though Tuesday does tend to be an awfully sleepy night most weeks). We went to the movies tonight, too, with some friends from church, because it's two dollar Tuesday at the theater downtown. So that made it feel even more like a weekend night--because we never do stuff like that!

I'm thrilled to have the next three days off. I plan to finish up my lesson plans for through the end of this trimester (November 19) and grade the essay tests. I want to get to school for a few hours and do some sorting and hanging (I'll try to remember my camera so I can finally take some pictures of my classroom). I would also like to get our flower beds ready for winter and a few meals in the freezer for the nights when I'm too tired to cook (I foresee several in the stretch between now and Christmas....my calendar is filling up FAST). And then, on Friday, we are going to my parents house for the weekend! I'm so excited. It's been a long time. And I can't wait. The only thing that would make it better was if sweet Lauren were home. But it's okay...we'll be home together at Thanksgiving :) And she's going to come stay with me for a weekend sometime next semester (can you believe that my VERY OWN SISTER has never spent the night at my house in the whole time I've been married?!?!?!?!)

Sweet, sweet fall break. I have been so ready for you.

No comments: