Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dear October

Dear October,

I'm rather excited to see you arrive. You caught me off guard this morning, and I was not dressed appropriately. It was okay, though, my room was a katrillion degrees, so I recovered quickly. I'll just have to get reaccquainted with my friends at weather.com again.

It's okay, though, October. I'm glad you're here. I'm glad that I could smell the fall in the air today. I'm glad that the leaves are starting to change, and that wearing sweaters and snuggly clothes is the name of the game. I'm excited to find some new boots and tights to wear to school. Could you talk to the stores about getting them in my price range?

I'm excited about the mums and the pumpkins. They make me so happy. Andy teased me last night as I squealed with joy at the sight..but you understand, October, I know you do. I'm excited to start having soup again--not much feels better than having a big pot of soup simmering on the stove. I'm excited about apple cider, pumpkin everything, and the return of warm drinks. I feel a bit sad that I may not get a caramel apple cider from the Oasis Cafe. I would love to get to Purdue some time to have that experience once more....I've been craving one so. I'm excited that Starbucks has Pumpkin Spice lattes, and I hope to get to a town where I can have one. I'm excited that holiday creamers are in the store, so I can experience a small bit of happiness each and every morning.

Oh, October, you are a special month. You are crisp and cool. You are one of the prettiest months of the year..not dreary like November or sweltering like August. You also contain one of my favorite times of the year--fall break! October, do you think if I go to my mom and dad's house for a day or two, my mom would take a personal day and go shopping with me?

I'm excited to take walks in the chilly air and to feel my nose turn icy. I'm excited to wander through the park, holding my husband's hand as we watch the leaves change. I'm excited that football season is in full swing, even though I think the game we're hoping to see live is in November. I'm excited that in three short weeks, soccer season will be over. I'm excited that next week is the start of a new six weeks at school, a sort of fresh start.

I'm glad to see you, October.

XOXO,
Ashley

No comments: