Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sweet Sunday

Today was our church's practical outreach Sunday during Sunday School hour. Only no one told us about it. So Andy and I went to Sunday School and waited for a junior high class that never showed. As we waited, we chatted with the children's pastor and I said something completely inappropriate, but he handled it well. We moved beyond it and ended up getting to go to an adult Sunday School class our pastor teaches. What a refreshing morning! It was so nice to sit with adults, to have a biblical conversation, and to just be around people who really desire God's Word. It was so wonderful to listen and to gain wisdom and insight from those around me. To really know that these people know the Word and live it out. I really wish we could go to that Sunday School class more often....it was really just so encouraging to me....it felt like something I have been desiring for such a long time.

Service was so great too! We are doing an overview series on the history books of the OT. Today was 1 Samuel. 1 and 2 Samuel are some of my favorite books of the Bible, so I was so excited for this sermon. And it didn't disappoint! I love the history of Israel, especially during the reign of David. I love watching David's heart for God. One of my favorite moments of the stories of the Bible is in 2 Samuel 12 when the prophet Nathan rebukes King David. It's such a moment of boldness, of truth, and of love. I feel so often like I am lacking in boldness, which is probably why I admire Nathan so much.

Tonight's evening service is the gospel in marriage--and I am so excited :) And afterwards, we are going to a friend's house with a few other families to spend time together and fellowship. This is shaping up to be a blessed Lord's Day!

No comments: