Saturday, April 26, 2008

Peer Pressure

So I don't feel like peer pressure was ever too much of an issue in my life. There were the occasional things I said or did to fit in, but it was never anything close to an after-school special moment, or PSA kind of thing.

But now that I am married....I feel it.

In the worst possible way.

Possibly that's an exaggeration.

But I do feel it.

Andy and I spur each other on in bad food choices. Not often, but sometimes. Today was one of those sometimes. I'm fake doing Weight Watchers (using a free online points calculator) to try to regain my wedding weight in the next three weeks. I was doing really well today. Until about an hour ago. I started to get really hungry...and I was going to eat some blueberries and drink some water and be done for the day.

But no.

Instead, Andy cajoled me into eating half a box of maroni and cheese and multiple handfuls of Sour Patch Kids with him. And now, I am 8 points over for the day, instead of perfectly on target. And my stomach hurts, because of course I'm lactose intolerant and can't eat milk. And of course I haven't had anything that's highly processed in weeks (or maybe months).

Grr.

No comments: