Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fashion Fiesta

small button I am ready to bare my closet's soul. It's a sad little closet. Not the stuff inside of it, but the closet itself. There isn't nearly enough room for a real wardrobe, and I would love to have it redone.



My everyday "not at work" wardrobe. Lots of jeans, casual pants, and sweaters. As it gets warmer, tops that I think classify as "fashion tees" and things of the sort. Please don't judge the rubber ducky shower curtain holders. They were Andy's and he loves them. I think it gives the bathroom a bit of whimsy...and after last night's episode of The Office (which I didn't love), I want to make sure that I let him have what he wants in our house :)



My Sunday or going out for fun wardrobe. Lots of skirts, often paired with my jean jacket. A smattering of dresses (I would like to become more of a dress person...it seems so classy, and it's probably a lot easier to put together too). Or, if it's freezing (as it is from November-Marchish in IN) my Sunday wardrobe looks a lot like my work wardrobe.




My work wardrobe. I am a teacher. High school by degree, but I have been substitute teaching in a lot of elementary school classrooms as well. When I moved here this summer, there weren't any jobs open...so I'm becoming a jack of all trades this year. So, I tend to lean toward the modern young professional look that will wash well if someone gets glue, paint, or something disgusting on me. Lots of dress pants in a variety of colors, sweaters, button downs, and layers (because you never can tell what temperature a classroom will be.






Or here's a picture taken inside of the classroom about 2-3 weeks ago. The girls were getting nostalgic, since my time with them was coming to an end (I taught this first grade class for about 10 weeks). So they wanted a picture. I thought that started in junior high or high school....apparently not. (Faces removed to protect the cuties.)




Here's a picture from my 23rd birthday in February. This brown dress is one of my favorites. You can't tell in the picture, because the sweater covers a lot of it. It's sad, but it's what you've got to do in February in Indiana. Just know that it's darling.



And that will end our trip into my closet. I'm currently rebuilding my wardrobe. My college wardrobe needs a little updating into an adult wardrobe. I would love to start wearing more dresses, and accessorizing better. I'm gradually picking up new pieces, and refining my wardrobe. One thing that is kind of nice about moving to a place where your husband is the only person who knows you is that you can kind of experiment with what you wear, and no one will really know.

9 comments:

BooSheep said...

As a huge "The Office" supporter... I know what you mean, we waited so long for that! Anyway, back to the fashion at hand... I work in a school also and on most days being comfy is most important. I think your outfits are great! Thanks for sharing!

Shelley
www.woollypeaches.blogspot.com

Keetha Broyles said...

I love the jean jacket. Sometimes I think I'm the queen of denim- - - there is so much of it in my closet.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Cute! I always throw a jean jacket on with my summer skirts. Way cute.

Erin said...

You are look great!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Hey - - - God still loves you even if you ARE a Boilermaker.

My Badgers beat you in FB this season, but your Baby Boilers got us TWICE in BB. TWICE in one season!!!

I was impressed with Robbie Hummel - - one of your 'babies.'

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I have seen lots of Indiana folsk on Bis Mommas thing. I am headed up in 22 days! for a wedding.
I enjoyed stopping in !I hope you will come and see my fiesta!

Keri said...

YAY for "The Office"!!

Mommy Mo said...

You and your husband are so young and so cute! I am 35 yr old and still have just a few things from college that I have yet to part with. Maybe it is time....especially after visiting some fashionista blogs : ).

Big Mama said...

I am so with you on the denim jacket with cute skirt option. It's my favorite! Love your green skirt.

Thanks for participating!